• DWC Updates Status of SB 863 Emergency Regulations (06/12/13)
• Temporary Total Disability Rates for 2014 Announced (06/05/13)
• Wesley Carroll v. Cincinnati Bengals (06/18/13)
Synopsis: In cumulative trauma cases, the employer of an employee who was injured in California may be exempted from California’s workers’ compensation laws provided that the criteria in Lab. Code §3600.5(b) are met.
• Cnty. of Sacramento v. Workers’ Comp. Appeals Bd. (04/22/13)
Synopsis: A psychiatric injury is not compensable if the psychiatric injury was substantially caused by good faith personnel actions.
• Zurich North American v. WCAB (03/27/13)
Synopsis: Apportionment denied where QME underestimates the causal effect of the industrial injury in comparison to prior and subsequent injuries.
• Rolda v. Pitney Bowes, Inc. (02/21/01)
Synopsis: A multilevel analysis is required when a psychiatric injury is alleged and a defense of good faith personnel action is raised.